Friday, November 10, 2017

Bound by Bre Meli

We sit in silence, staring deep into one another.
Me on your lap, legs wrapped around your waist, pistol in hand.
One bullet to play our little game of Russian roulette.
Jagged breath leaves us as the bullet is slipped into the chamber.
Smashing your lips to mine as I place the barrel against your Temple.
Click.
We blink away the moment.
You caress my body as I place the barrel to my head.
Click.
One cannot live without the other.
One always causing pain to another.
Today, one will walk away as the other meets their end.
Choices made that cannot be broken.
Memories that will fade, unspoken.
Tears fill my eyes, the barrel tapping against your skin.
Will this be the last breath I feel you take in?
Click.
You flinch with the notion that the bullet was not meant for you.
Taking one last look at a love that was once so strong.
Finding it hard to see where it all went wrong.
Shakey hand moves the barrel past my eye.
Looking back once more before it is my time to die.
Just as the trigger is gently finessed, you jerk forward and place your temple to mine, letting the bullet flow through us both.
The thought of us not together is too hard too feel.
You catch my eyes just before the darkness comes.
Needing me to know that where I am you will always be.
In the abyss for all eternity.

~The intensity of a relationship can feel like a loaded gun in your hands. What happens when there is only one bullet left and the two of you have no fight left? Bound to one another, desperate to get away, be free of the schackles you feel digging into your wrists. 

Are you willing to be bound to that one person, forever?

Check out Bre Meli in these places.....

No comments: