Wednesday, March 1, 2017

50 is Nifty? A Birthday Refection by Mary Quast


Today I turn 50.

I don’t feel any different than what I did yesterday.

I originally planned to have a big give-way contest, but I didn’t have the opportunity it plan it. In January, I had a hysterectomy. In February, I returned to the hospital twice due to unexpected complications and even had to go into surgery again. So, one could say that I’m moving slow on this birthday.

When I was young, 50 seemed “old”. The past couple months have given me the chance to think and I’ve decided I don’t want to be “old”. I’m determined to get healthy, get stronger, and LIVE.


 I love being in love with my hubby. I enjoy romance. I’m not going to let my love life get sluggish. Now that I’m “fixed”, I am free of the demands my female parts used to put on me. Hubby is excited to be my “research assistant” when I’m writing. (wink, wink). And yes…I have many more erotic romance books to write!

Other than romance, I need energy to keep up with my boys ages, 11, 16 and 20. I look forward to volunteering at school and sporting events. I want to be the mom who is outside playing Frisbee or kayaking in Lake Superior with my boys, not the mom who is hiding inside because she’s too old to do something.


I believe turning 50 has given me the privilege of wearing that DIVA crown.  

Come on, ladies! Join me in not getting old. 
Let’s be Divas together!

***********************

Romance Author and Artist Mary Quast lives in a log home affectionately named "Camp Run-A-Muk" located in the woods of Michigan with her husband, three sons, and a collection of animal family members. As a professional artist, Mary Quast answered the call to express herself creatively. With her descriptive writing style she has developed a knack for creating passionate characters and realistic settings. Quast is one of the original writers for the 1 Night Stand Series published by Decadent Publishing. When she’s not busy writing contemporary erotic romance novels, novelettes, and short stories, Mary Quast doles out sensual tips and yummy eye candy on her blog “Romantic Interludes”.

1 comment:

Savanna Kougar said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MARY! I'm with you as far as the age thing. You are a beautiful Diva. Many more healthy, happy birthdays!