Thursday, September 1, 2011

Music Moves My Fingers

When sitting down for a writing marathon, I have to have the perfect song to fit my mood and the scene I'm writing.

If it's a heightened moment of a sex scene, making love with the ultimate sensual feelings- I chose this one- Far From Home by Five Finger Death Punch. The guitar riffs and instrumental ballad is prefect for orgasmic results.

This chorus "Cause it's almost like
Your heaven's trying everything
To break me down
Cause it's almost like
Your heaven's trying everything
To keep me o
ut" brings to light, heart break and turmoil. The rhythm and words make my fingers hum along the keyboard, allowing me to describe the most sensual love scene in my career.








When the mood of the characters, the plain dialogue and scene is flowing smooth, I have anything from Metallica to Papa Roach serenading me. While the lyrics are geared more towards resentment and eventually coming out ahead of someone else who has burned you, "Kick In The Teeth" holds a special pace for me when writing. The upbeat tempo, the angst displayed and the "na-na-nas" have me dancing in my seat.






Music really sets the tone for my writing and I have to feel the 'music' in me.
So what songs inspire you? 

1 comment:

Savanna Kougar said...

Yep, music has always moved me, soul and body. Often songs play in my head when I'm writing. Or, a song I hear, am listening to, inspires a phrase, a paragraph, a scene.