Monday, September 20, 2010

OMG... One paragraph of this woman's work made me need an ice bath- Must Read Interview.

A: Taige Crenshaw is an multi-published author with books available at Ellora's Cave Publishing, Liquid Silver Books and Total-E-Bound. Her newest anthology Naughty Nuptials; Oh Yum at Ellora's Cave.

She writes anything from paranormal, fantasy, contemporary, and romantic suspense. A girl after my own heart.


Good to meet you Taige. I've been waiting to do this interview for some time now and I'm excited to introduce you to everyone. :>

Sooooo let's start it off with the most intimate question I have on my naughty list of questions: What’s the kinkiest, sexiest thing you’ve ever done:

Taige: I plead the fifth so I won’t incriminate myself. LOL.

A: Oh... now that just gets me more curious by the second.  But I'll let you off easy ;> Maybe I'll come back to that later. (BWwahhhhawwwawawaaaa - Wow I sound like I have a hacking cough in there. ) Back to the questions. How bad do you get with your writing, are we talking just suggestion or down right bondage?

Taige: I’ve written light bondage and sometimes it can get intense between my characters. The women tend to like to take control. And the men like to let them before flipping the script on them and making them there’s. (wicked grin)

A: Very hot!!! I like it when the woman gets the man all... Oh.. sorry, where were we... Oh yeah, my questions not my own personal tastes.

What’s the best thing you’ve ever written—the best line?

Taige: That’s a tough one. So far I have so many line that come to mind. Hmmm… I’ll give a passage from my book Veils Rising, Book 3 of my Rarities Incorporated series.

“So what, you want to fuck me? Am I supposed to drop to my knees and say any way you want to?” Dilana waited for his response.

He watched her, a weird look on his face. She made an “answer me” gesture with her hand.

“If you want to,” Magni replied in a reasonable tone. Dilana narrowed her eyes, before she could say anything he continued. “I don’t want to fuck you, Dilana.” Magni’s look was steady and appraising. “Fucking is about singular, solitary pleasure. It is too tame a word for what I want to do with you.” He leaned, in putting his face next to her cheek, then inhaled deeply, then continued, his voice softer. “I want my name to be the only thing you know in your dreams or fantasies,” He licked, one slow wet lick along the side of her face. Her eyes closed in self-defense and her slit started to ache. “In your thoughts.” He bit gently on her ear. She shuddered, fine goose bumps raising all over her body.

A: Oh... wow.. um.. whew. Where's there a cold shower when you need it? (April scurries off for a few minutes looking for something ice cold.)

Whew, did it get hot in  here or what? Okay, I have a nice cold ice tea now. (April squirms and clears her voice a couple of times before continuing)

Back on track... If you could have any movie star take on a role as one of your heroes, who would it be?

Taige: Keith Hamilton Cobb as Magni Taggart my hero in Veils Rising, Book 3 of my Rarities Incorporated series.

A: How is it I don't know any of these hunky guys everyone knows about??? And these guys are smokin'. I swear I need to get out more!

Size counts… on average how loooooonnnnnggg do you like your (um, how do we put it delicately) manuscripts to be ;> ( in words silly, not inches) and how steamy?

Taige: They vary in size. I want to make it burn. I want to go for ice water and a cold shower and still not get cooled down.

April: Well, you definitely have the talent. But even talented writers have their weak spots. What are the hardest scenes to write for you?

Taige: Can’t really think of any.

A: How close in real life have you gotten to one of your fantasies?

Taige: Again I plead the fifth so I won’t incriminate myself. LOL.

A: Man, can't pull one over on you, can I? Had to try again though :>  ...

I'll stick to writing related questions then. What would you want other writers and your readers to know about you?

Taige: I love to draw. I’m an avid seamstress. I can whip up an outfit quick if I have to go someplace special and have nothing to wear. I love to cook. I’m a voracious reader. My library in my house and on my computer is massive. That’s one of the first things you notice when you come to my house.

A: I love to sew - give me a quilt or embroidery to do and I'm happy for hours BUT I cannot make outfits from patterns (or do a very good job with my own designs). I have no patience and can't figure the things out. Although I do have this awesome idea for a quilt for my bed... Umph... Hey, quit it... oh, okay... I'll get back to the questions at hand. Sorry...

Finally… anything you would like to share with us, an excerpt, a tidbit, or anything else about yourself?

Taige: I’m part of a site that was created as a thank you to readers. Satin Notes is a site with free reads set in two towns Trescott Cove (contemporary) and Savoy Valley (paranormal). I write with two other author - Aliyah Burke and McKenna Jeffries. We created Satin Notes due to Aliyah, McKenna, and my desire to join together to bring a site for our loyal readers. We have such fun working on the towns and characters.

We’re currently due to unforeseen circumstances on a hiatus. We do plan on posting more stories to the site but no date yet when we will.

For more info check it out here http://satinnotes.com

Bio:

Taige Crenshaw is a multi-published author with books available at Ellora's Cave Publishing, Liquid Silver Books, Loose Id, and Total-E-Bound. Taige has been enthralled with the written word from time she picked up her first book. It wasn’t long before she started to make up her own tales of romance. With novels set in today, in alternate dimensions, or in the future she writes with adventure, fun sassy heroine’s, and sexy hero’s. Always hard at work creating new and exciting places Taige can be found curled up with a hot novel with exciting characters when she is not creating her own. Join her in the fun, frolic, interesting people and far reaches of the world in her novels. You can find out more about Taige at her website: http://www.taigecrenshaw.com or blog: http://www.taigecrenshaw.com/blog.

Thank you Taige!!! Wonderful to meet you.

Everyone check out next week - I'll interview a new author and finish of our Interview Series!!!

1 comment:

Savanna Kougar said...

Taige, wonderful to get to know more about you. Loved your excerpt!

I used to sew, and whip up my outfits, too.